Sensitive equipment needs protection, and since 1976 the answer has been the Pelican™ Protector Case. These cases are designed rugged, and travel the harshest environments on earth. Against the extreme cold of the artic or the heat of battle, Pelican cases have survived.
Made in the USA, these tough cases are designed with an automatic purge valve, that equalizes air pressure, a watertight silicone O-ring lid, over-molded rubber handles and stainless steel hardware.
Pelican 1640 Transport Case
Square and deep, the Pelican 1640 Case keeps larger electronics and equipment safe, even in extreme conditions. Outside, there?s an ultra-high-impact structural copolymer shell. That means the 1640 case is airtight, watertight, dustproof, crushproof, chemical- and corrosion-resistant and unbreakable. Inside, optional padded divider set and foam set can be configured to hold your most vital valuables.
Why choose the 1640?
- Optional five-piece foam set that consists of 1 "egg crate" foam upper section, 3 Pick N' Pluck foam sections, and one 1.0" blank bottom foam section
- Optional 34-piece divider set consists of a top tray with 3 (21"), 16 (5.0") flexible dividers and lower tray with 2 (21"), 3 (4.5"), 7 (7.5") flexible padded dividers and 1 top lid convoluted foam section
- Watertight, crushproof and dust proof construction
- Neoprene o-ring and ABS latches create a perfect seal
- Automatic purge valve for quick equalization after changes in atmospheric pressure
- Comfortable, convenient fold down handles and retractable extension handle
- 4 strong polyurethane wheels with stainless steel bearings
- Padlock protectors provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft
- Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee
|Interior Type||5-Piece Foam Set or Padded Dividers|
(L x W x D)
|27.2 x 27.5 x 16.30"|
(69.1 x 69.8 x 41.4 cm)
(L x W x D)
|23.7 x 24 x 13.9"|
(60.2 x 60.9 x 35.3 cm)
|Weight||38 lbs (17.24 kg) with foam|
34 lbs (15.42 kg) without foam
- IP67 Rating: Protected from dust and against the effects of immersion in water to depth between 15 cm and 1 meter
- Def Stan 81-41/STANAG 4280